Moonrise – Intro to Curved Piecing - CLASS FULL
SUnday November 3 from 10 am to 4:30
Learn to make this bold, modern quilt in your choice of wall hanging or lap size. You will learn:
- How to make and trim Half Square Triangle blocks.
- How to set up your sewing machine for curved piecing.
- How to cut curves using templates and rulers.
- How to mark, pin, and glue baste curved pieces.
- How to work with small curves.
- How to assemble the moon blocks.
Class will also include a discussion on fabric preparation to avoid distortion on the bias, favourite tools, and supplies to set you up for success. Students should be comfortable with their sewing machines. By the end of class, they will have at least 1 moon block assembled and have all the skills needed to finish the quilt top!
Class format: The morning will be learning the technique and after lunch will provide you sewing time to get a good start on your project with some fun visiting in between 💜
Bring your lunch - light refreshments provided
Class supply list will be provided to participants
KITS will be available for purchase -
see the website for color choices